SCROLL TO VIEW HISTORY
Our rich history has made us who we are! See how The Miller Group has grown to be one of the largest independent insurance agencies in the Midwest.
- 1961 – Bob Miller Strikes Out on His Own
- 1974 – Humble Beginnings
- 1982-1986 – Sean and Matt Miller Join Firm
- 1982 – Founder Diagnosed with Cancer
- 1993 – Employee Benefits Division Begins
- 1997 – Nonprofit Division Launches
- 2006 – Agency Revenue Passes $5 Million
- 2010 – C.O.R.E.
- 2010 – Bob Miller – Leaving a Legacy
- 2012 – Private Risk Management Division Launches
- 2016 – Agency Revenue Passes $10 Million
- 2017 – Business Philanthropist of the Year
- 2017-2022 – Creating a Company Culture
- 2019 – Ownership Transition to Third Miller Generation
- January, 2021 – Growth Into New States
- January, 2023 – Leading the Future
Bob Miller Strikes Out on His Own
The Robert E. Miller Group officially opened for business on November 1, 1961, in the VFW building on Broadway near downtown Kansas City. The company consisted of Bob Miller and his wife, Carol Miller.
Bob’s expertise was in commercial insurance and surety bonds for companies in the construction industry. In the same year, he developed an education program for the National Association of Surety Bond Producers, a learning platform that is still in use today.
Sean and Matt Miller Join Firm
Founder Diagnosed with Cancer
Employee Benefits Division Begins
Nonprofit Division Launches
Agency Revenue Passes $5 Million
Bob Miller – Leaving a Legacy
Private Risk Management Division Launches
Agency Revenue Passes $10 Million
Business Philanthropist of the Year
Creating a Company Culture
Ownership Transition to Third Miller Generation
Growth Into New States