Employee Benefits Advisor
The Miller Group is seeking a Producer to support the efforts of the companies’ sales teams.
The Miller Group was founded in 1961 by Robert E. Miller, with a focus on the construction industry. While this industry expertise remains, we have expanded to include a strong position in a variety of industries. Led by Bob Miller’s sons, Sean and Matt, the company has grown to become one of the top brokerage firms in the Midwest. A commitment to employee well-being, family, faith and community makes The Miller Group a great place to work.
The Miller Group’s full-service product offering includes property & casualty insurance; employee benefits; HR consulting; surety bonds; and safety & loss prevention.
- Develop and maintain lists of ideal prospects and clients, and keep current in company CRM system to maximize marketing, communications and sales opportunities.
- Set up and conduct appointments with ideal prospects and clients to diagnose their needs and propose services and solutions to serve them.
- Actively seek referrals to generate new revenue.
- Work with service and sales team in a positive, productive way to attract, retain and grow ideal clients.
- Utilize company CRM system to accurately track the sales process.
- Active involvement in the sales planning process to deliver predictable, profitable growth.
- Meet annual sales goals.
- Maintain positive relationships with key decision makers and their centers of influence to become established as a trusted advisor to them and their business
- Act as the lead executive with clients to insure their retention and profitable growth.
- Review final presentation materials and recommended solutions to assure quality products and services are delivered to our clients.
- Actively account round and cross sell all clients
- Work collaboratively with service teams and specialist on the consistent delivery of our service calendars.
- Work with your service team to act as intermediary to resolve client conflicts and problems.
- Establish appropriate expectations with clients, prospects and internal service teams so that The Miller Group can deliver the best in class services to all clients.
- Work closely with department president and team members to develop innovative solutions to meet client needs.
- Understand our competitors and share information about them that will help us improve and obtain new business.
- Act as a valuable resource to clients, prospects and their associates by providing information, education and solutions as an active, valuable partner.
- Bachelor’s degree in a closely related field or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Life and Health license and Property and Casualty license are both required within first 30 days of hire.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Minimum of two years insurance sales experience in an independent insurance agency, working primarily with C-level executive clients
- Demonstrates a proactive, results-oriented approach to achieving goals.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both face-to-face and in writing.
- Demonstrated financial success for benefit or P&C producers – evidence of being able to produce $150,000 in commissions over a two year timeframe
- Excellent presentation skills and high comfort level speaking to small and large groups.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Offers are contingent on passing post offer pre-employment drug screen and background checks.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet