The Miller Group is seeking a Senior Account Manager to support the efforts of the companies’ Surety team. The Sr Account Manager will report to the Director of Surety.
The Miller Group was founded in 1961 by Robert E. Miller, with a focus on the construction industry. While this industry expertise remains, we have expanded to include a strong position in a variety of industries. Led by Bob Miller’s sons, Sean and Matt, the company has grown to become one of the top brokerage firms in the Midwest. A commitment to employee well-being, family, faith and community make The Miller Group a great place to work.
The Miller Group’s full-service product offering includes commercial insurance; employee benefits; HR consulting; surety Bonds; safety & loss prevention and private risk management.
Client Sales, Service & Retention
- Review client contracts and issue appropriate bonds to clients according to timelines set by the Director of Surety.
- Review and execute client bid and final bond request forms.
- Submit bid and final bond requests to the surety companies for approval.
- Effectively communicating questions with the customer, the surety and the producer.
- Renews and processes all miscellaneous surety bonds
- Rates and invoice bonds and reconciles accounting discrepancies.
- Responsible for ensuring all client data is accurately attached in the Agency Management System.
- Resolve client issues with a sense of urgency to avoid disruptions in client service and/or coverage.
- Develop communication materials for clients to outline rates and Surety Program details.
- Gather preliminary information and assist in marketing tasks for Producers.
- Inform Director of Surety of situations that could impact account retention and/or client satisfaction
Lead and Manage Teams
- Actively engage in creating a team environment that promotes respect, high morale, and teamwork.
- Provide coaching and feedback to team members to ensure an engaged working environment, open communication, and the professional growth of team members.
- Proactively monitor team workload to ensure team members are operating at maximum potential.
- Property and Casualty license is required.
- Excellent communication skills, both face-to-face and in writing.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in navigating the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with demonstrated progression in career path and/or responsibility.
- Minimum 3 years of leadership experience in roles involving operations management and client service.
- Demonstrates strong leadership that promotes an engaged, high-energy team environment.
- Proactively identifies and resolves client issues to avoid disruptions in client service and/or coverage.
- Demonstrates strong interest and/or experience in technology and is able to utilize it to streamline processes.
- Demonstrates strong decision-making capabilities and shows knowledge of process improvement concepts and operation streamlining for maximum effectiveness.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Offers are contingent on passing post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background checks.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet