The Miller Group is seeking a Select Business Manager. This position will ensure daily service tasks are completed for Miller clients and ensure Producers have the supporting information necessary to make quality recommendations to clients on higher-level issues
The Miller Group was founded in 1961 by Robert E. Miller, with a focus on the construction industry. While this industry expertise remains, we have expanded to include a strong position in a variety of industries. Led by Bob Miller’s sons, Sean and Matt, the company has grown to become one of the top brokerage firms in the Midwest. A commitment to employee well-being, family, faith and community make The Miller Group a great place to work. The Miller Group has been recognized by the Business Journal as a Best Place to Work and Healthiest Employers.
The Miller Group’s full-service product offering includes commercial insurance; employee benefits; HR consulting; surety Bonds; safety & loss prevention and private risk management. The Miller Group is located conveniently near Lamar and College with plenty of parking and nearby lunch options.
- Assist in marketing/placing select business within the organization.
- Resolve client issues with a sense of urgency to avoid disruptions in client service and/or coverage.
- Process client change requests and ensure endorsement is accurate upon receipt from the carrier.
- Stay updated on client needs in order to suggest new products, services or other lines of business that would be in the client’s best interest (cross selling).
- Follow all aspects of the renewal and service processes in accordance with the identified timelines.
- Follow all quality control measures to avoid potential errors and omissions
- Check policies for accuracy and quality control and prepare them for delivery to client via disk, notebook or email.
- Prepare Loss Summaries when needed to market accounts.
- Knowledge of how to obtain online quotes for clients.
- Prepare and deliver invoices to clients each month.
- Perform renewal marketing of assigned select sized accounts.
- Inform Producers of situations that could impact account retention and/or client satisfaction.
- Process audits and monied endorsements for clients and note changes in the Agency Management System.
- Develop and maintain lists of ideal prospects and clients and keep current in Agency Management system to maximize marketing, communications and sales opportunities.
- Utilize Agency Management system to accurately track the sales process.
- Maintain positive relationships with key decision makers and their centers of influence to become established as a trusted advisor to them and their business
- Review final presentation materials and recommended solutions to assure quality products and services are delivered to our clients.
- Establish appropriate expectations with clients, prospects and internal service teams so that The Miller Group can deliver the best in class services to all clients
- Set up and conduct appointments with ideal prospects and clients to diagnose their needs and propose services and solutions to serve them.
- Actively seek referrals to generate new revenue.
- Property & Casualty license required within 30 days of employment.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in navigating the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and Word.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the insurance industry with demonstrated progression in career path and/or responsibility.
- Previous experience in using Applied /Epic system, preferred.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Offers are contingent on passing post offer pre-employment drug screen and background checks.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet