The Miller Group is seeking a Select Busines Manager to support the efforts of the companies’ Benefit team. The Select Business Manager will report to the Chief Revenue Officer and work closely with the Benefits Department.
The Miller Group was founded in 1961 by Robert E. Miller, with a focus on the construction industry. While this industry expertise remains, we have expanded to include a strong position in a variety of industries. Led by Bob Miller’s sons, Sean and Matt, the company has grown to become one of the top brokerage firms in the Midwest. A commitment to employee well-being, family, faith and community make The Miller Group a great place to work.
The Miller Group’s full-service product offering includes commercial insurance; employee benefits; HR consulting; surety Bonds; safety & loss prevention and private risk management.
Client Sales, Service & Retention
- Assist in marketing/placing select group benefit business within the organization.
- Resolve client issues with a sense of urgency to avoid disruptions in client service and/or coverage.
- Stay updated on client needs in order to suggest new products, services or other lines of business that would be in the client’s best interest (cross selling).
- Follow all aspects of the renewal and service processes in accordance with the identified timelines.
- Check policies for accuracy and quality control and share with client.
- Knowledge of how to obtain online quotes for clients.
- Perform renewal marketing of assigned select sized accounts.
- Develop and maintain lists of ideal prospects and clients and keep current in company CRM system to maximize marketing, communications, and sales opportunities.
- Utilize company CRM system to accurately track the sales process.
- Maintain positive relationships with key decision makers and their centers of influence to become established as a trusted advisor to them and their business.
- Review final presentation materials and recommended solutions to assure quality products and services are delivered to our clients.
- Establish appropriate expectations with clients, prospects, and internal service teams so that The Miller Group can deliver the best-in-class services to all clients.
- Set up and conduct appointments with ideal prospects and clients to diagnose their needs and propose services and solutions to serve them.
- Actively seek referrals to generate new revenue.
Industry and Internal Leadership
- Understand competitors and share information about them that will help us improve and obtain new business.
- Act as a valuable resource to clients, prospects, and their associates by providing information, education, and solutions as an active, valuable partner.
- Serve as an internal resource and openly share knowledge with team members.
- Actively engage in creating a team environment that promotes respect, high morale, and teamwork.
- Provide coaching and feedback to team members to ensure an engaged working environment, open communication, and strong performance.
- Proactively monitor team workload and process effectiveness to determine when adjustments should be made to improve team and/or individual performance.
- Life and Health license required within 30 days of employment.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in navigating the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and Word.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the insurance industry with demonstrated progression in career path and/or responsibility.
- Minimum of two years insurance sales experience in an independent insurance agency, working primarily with C-level executive clients.
- Excellent communication skills, both face-to-face and in writing.
- Proactively identifies client issues to avoid disruptions in client service and/or coverage.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills and the ability to resolve challenges effectively.
- Demonstrates excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact well with diverse personalities.
- Able to operate independently with minimal supervisor intervention.
- Demonstrates a strong interest and/or experience in technology.
- Able to independently apply objective decision-making to maintain team productivity and client satisfaction.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Offers are contingent on passing post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background checks.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet