The Miller Group is seeking an Account Manager to primarily support the efforts of the companies’ Private Risk Management Team.
The Miller Group was founded in 1961 by Robert E. Miller, with a focus on the construction industry. While this industry expertise remains, we have expanded to include a strong position in a variety of industries. Led by Bob Miller’s sons, Sean and Matt, the company has grown to become one of the top brokerage firms in the Midwest. A commitment to employee well-being, family, faith and community makes The Miller Group a great place to work.
The Miller Group’s full-service product offering includes commercial insurance; employee benefits; HR consulting; surety bonds; safety & loss prevention and private risk management.
- Assist in all aspects of the renewal and service processes in accordance with the identified timelines.
- Respond to client calls and emails with a sense of urgency to avoid disruptions in client service and/or coverage.
- Welcome and orient new clients.
- Maintain excellent carrier and vendor relationships to provide cost-effective solutions and strong client advocacy.
- Generate reports and utilize data to improve client service and retention, and department operations.
- Deliver professional client communications.
- Attend new client meetings and speaking engagements to facilitate sales and marketing of the Private Risk division.
- Work closely with Marketing Team to develop communication materials for clients to outline renewal changes, enrollment procedures, and plan clarifications.
- Conduct client meetings and presentations, either independently or as a partner with relevant team members (i.e., renewals, informational sessions, etc.).
- Stay updated on client needs in order to suggest new products, services or other lines of business that would be in the client’s best interest.
- Provide timely new and renewal customized presentations, and complete follow-up planning sessions.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines is maintained in all client practices.
- Maintain accurate client information in data management systems to avoid errors, omissions, or mistakes in service.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on legislative and industry changes that impact the business and apply to daily practices.
- Consistently deliver competitive advantages in the most cost-effective, impactful manner.
- Maintain updated knowledge regarding legislative or industry changes that could impact the organization or its clients.
- Participate in project teams that develop the innovative products and services clients need.
- Utilize technology and other available resources to the fullest potential to streamline processes when possible.
- Minimum of one year previous experience in a customer service-related role.
- Property & Casualty license is required.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in navigating the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and Word.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Applied and/or Epic, preferred.
- Previous insurance industry experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both face-to-face and in writing.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills and the ability to resolve challenges effectively.
- Demonstrates excellent team building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact well with diverse personalities.
- Able to operate independently with minimal supervisor intervention.
- Demonstrates strong interest and/or experience in technology.
- Able to independently apply objective decision-making to maintain productivity and client satisfaction.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Offers are contingent on passing post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background checks.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.