The Miller Group is seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager to support the efforts of the companies’ marketing team. The Marketing and Communications Manager will report to and work closely with the Chief Revenue Officer.
The Miller Group was founded in 1961 by Robert E. Miller, with a focus on the construction industry. While this industry expertise remains, we have expanded to include a strong position in a variety of industries. Led by Bob Miller’s sons, Sean and Matt, the company has grown to become one of the top brokerage firms in the Midwest. A commitment to employee well-being, family, faith and community make The Miller Group a great place to work. The Miller Group has been recognized by the Business Journal as one of Kansas City’s Best Places to Work and Healthiest Employer.
The Miller Group’s full-service product offering includes commercial insurance; employee benefits; surety bonds; safety & loss prevention and private risk management. The Miller Group is located conveniently near Lamar and College with plenty of parking and nearby lunch options.
- Manage social media strategy and direct implementation across all platforms – including LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Manage client and prospect webinars, networking events, and learning cafes.
- Oversee printing of sales literature.
- Design templates and write content for a variety of sales materials, for electronic and/ or print distribution.
- Manage distribution of all Miller electronic communications – e-newsletters, event invitations and other communications to promote The Miller Group to clients and prospects
- Work with team members to ensure updated client and prospect lists in the company CRM.
- Help identify strategic direction and updates for the Miller website; work with web developer to ensure best-practice SEO tactics are being deployed.
- Oversee photos at company events and ensure appropriate photo library.
- Oversee design and production of proposals, PowerPoint presentations and other sales pieces to promote The Miller Group brand.
- Oversee benefit communication projects for external Miller clients, such as employee benefit booklets, customized benefit web portals, benefit-related webinars or PowerPoint presentations.
- Order inventory of Miller promotional items to support marketing and client appreciation initiatives.
- Help ensure consistent brand standards are followed throughout the company.
- Intermediate to advanced skill in navigating the Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint (or Google equivalent).
- Experience with Adobe suite software, including Photoshop, InDesign and / or related software experience.
- Prior experience in positions where writing, proofing and editing was an essential function, preferred.
- Prior experience in the planning and execution of small-scale networking events, preferred.
- Previous experience with Word Press or other web content management systems, preferred.
- E-mail marketing and/or CRM experienced, preferred.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervisor intervention.
- Able to problem-solve and apply objective decision-making.
- Strong service mentality in supporting multiple divisions in an organization.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Strong communication skills, both face-to-face and in writing.
- Attentive to details, particularly in the area of proof reading.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to effectively interact with a diverse range of people and personalities.
- Three-five years of experience in marketing / sales environment, preferred.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Offers are contingent on passing post offer pre-employment drug screen and background checks.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet