The Miller Group is seeking an Independent Contractor to support the efforts of the companies’ Financial Analytics Team. The Independent Contractor will report to and work closely with the Director of Financial Analytics.
The Miller Group was founded in 1961 by Robert E. Miller, with a focus on the construction industry. While this industry expertise remains, we have expanded to include a strong position in a variety of industries. Led by Bob Miller’s sons, Sean and Matt, the company has grown to become one of the top brokerage firms in the Midwest. A commitment to employee well-being, family, faith and community make The Miller Group a great place to work. The Miller Group has been recognized by the Business Journal as a Best Place to Work and Healthiest Employers.
The Miller Group’s full-service product offering includes commercial insurance; employee benefits; HR consulting; surety bonds; safety & loss prevention and private risk management. The Miller Group is located conveniently near Lamar and College with plenty of parking and nearby lunch options.
- Provides monthly reporting and plan analytics with easy to understand summaries for the ongoing risk management of clients.
- Converts detailed data into concise, easy to understand reporting formats.
- Works closely with Director to be a point of contact for The Miller Group risk analysis and planned reporting functions.
- Provides client-specific risk and financial information to assist clients in making effective renewal and plan design decisions.
- Creates a risk profile for a book of clients by gathering and analyzing historical financial and utilization claims experience, renewals, benefit plans, and contribution strategies.
- Prepares and presents executive summaries, claims utilization reports, and risk analysis to consultants and/or clients.
- Pulls source reports used to generate our monthly reporting and analytic functions
- Updates reports and dashboards on a timely basis.
- Completes calculations and analysis to support client deliverables.
- High school diploma is required; bachelor’s degree in mathematical sciences, statistics or a closely related field is preferred, but commensurate experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- 3-5 years in a professional services organization.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel required
- Industry experience and/or product knowledge in employee benefits is preferred.
- Mathematical- applies basic mathematical concepts including the use of formulas and charts to analyze data as well as a basic understanding of statics to calculate risk.
- Detail-oriented- accurately attends to and organizes a large amount of detail on a daily basis.
- Time management-prioritize and self-manages a number of activities including creating risk profiles, preparing reports and other exhibits, as well as supporting team members when necessary.
- Problem solving-knows how and where to look for answers; uses logic and other methods to find the most effective solution to client issues.
- Organization- works well with large amounts of information and can orchestrate multiple activities to accomplish a goal.
- Precise- accurately compiles data and prepares documents using necessary resources and knowledge.
- Analytical- analyzes various pieces of information such as client history, renewals, and proposals in order to make sure information is correct, reasonable, and the client receives the most cost effective benefit plan.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Offers are contingent on passing post offer pre-employment drug screen and background checks.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet