Director of Service – Commercial and Private Risk Management Lines
The Miller Group is seeking a Director of Service to support the efforts of the companies’ Commercial and PRM team. The Director of Service will report to and work closely with the Chief Service Officer.
The Miller Group was founded in 1961 by Robert E. Miller, with a focus on the construction industry. While this industry expertise remains, we have expanded to include a strong position in a variety of industries. Led by Bob Miller’s sons, Sean and Matt, the company has grown to become one of the top brokerage firms in the Midwest. A commitment to employee well-being, family, faith and community make The Miller Group a great place to work.
The Miller Group’s full-service product offering includes commercial insurance; employee benefits; HR consulting; surety Bonds; safety & loss prevention and private risk management.
- Live the Miller Group values and hold team accountable to live those values as well.
- Actively engage in creating a team environment that promotes respect, high morale, and teamwork.
- Provide coaching and feedback to team members to ensure an engaged working environment, open communication, and the professional growth of team members.
- Proactively monitor team workload and apply continuous improvement strategies to ensure team members can operate at maximum potential, especially during peak renewal times.
- Attend client meetings with sales and service personnel to facilitate growth and retention of the practice group.
- Lead by example with a book of clients you serve.
- Develop innovative product and service offerings, competitive pricing, and other strategies to ensure we are the compelling choice for our ideal clients.
- Be aware of legislative and regulatory changes and industry trends that affect the Miller Group and our clients.
- Develop consistent methods for gathering client feedback on identified competitive advantages, products and services, and other factors related to client attraction.
- Be a resource for the team for coverage questions
- Consistently deliver competitive advantages in the most cost-effective, impactful manner.
- Ensure team members are trained regarding company policies and procedures, as well as governmental regulations to ensure compliance and consistency are maintained in the operations of the practice group.
- Proactive assessment of books of business and client profiles to determine profitability and workload. Manage changes in the client relationship or service levels.
- Consistently monitor carrier strengths, weaknesses, and relationship quality to determine ongoing fit for the organization.
- Property and Casualty license is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a key leadership position, with demonstrated progression in career path and/or responsibility.
- Minimum 3 years of leadership experience in roles involving operations management and client service.
- Leads teams with an ethical, result-driven approach, holds high performance standards and builds strong, effective teams.
- Effectively utilizes leadership and conflict resolution skills to resolve employee concerns and promotes an engaged, high-energy team environment.
- Able to independently apply objective decision-making to maintain team productivity and client satisfaction.
- Demonstrates knowledge of process improvement concepts and has experience streamlining operations for maximum effectiveness.
- Considers the impact of divisional planning on the entire organizational structure to avoid silo thinking.
- Skilled in assessing profitability of large and small client businesses and identifies clear strategies to ensure rapid division growth and stability
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Offers are contingent on passing post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background checks.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet