The Miller Group is seeking a Marketing Communication Specialist to primarily support the efforts of the companies’ Employee Benefits Team. The Marketing Communications Specialist will report to the Chief Revenue Officer and work closely with the Employee Benefits Department.
The Miller Group was founded in 1961 by Robert E. Miller, with a focus on the construction industry. While this industry expertise remains, we have expanded to include a strong position in a variety of industries. Led by Bob Miller’s sons, Sean and Matt, the company has grown to become one of the top brokerage firms in the Midwest. A commitment to employee well-being, family, faith and community makes The Miller Group a great place to work.
The Miller Group’s full-service product offering includes commercial insurance; employee benefits; HR consulting; surety Bonds; safety & loss prevention and private risk management.
- Work with the Miller Employee Benefits Team to complete benefit communication projects for external Miller clients, such as employee benefit booklets, customized benefit web portals, benefit-related webinars, or PowerPoint presentations.
- Maintain inventory of sales literature and prepare sales packets as requested.
- Provide copywriting and proofreading assistance on internal and external marketing materials.
- Update client and prospect lists in the company CRM as directed; help manage bounces, unsubscribed, and contact communication preferences as directed.
- Help with photos at company events and maintain the company photo library.
- Provide administrative support for client and prospect webinars, networking events, and learning cafes.
- Assist in the design PowerPoint presentations and other retention pieces to promote The Miller Group brand.
- Help ensure consistent brand standards are followed throughout the company.
- Skilled in navigating the Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (or Google equivalent).
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe suite software, including InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Prior experience in positions where writing, proofing, and editing were essential functions, preferred.
- Prior experience with Graphic Design & Layout, preferred.
- Prior experience with HubSpot or other CRM software, preferred.
- Previous experience with web content management systems preferred.
- Knowledge of HTML, preferred.
- Skilled in multimedia usage, such as videos and photography, preferred.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervisor intervention.
- Able to problem-solve and apply objective decision-making.
- Strong service mentality in supporting multiple divisions in an organization.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Strong communication skills, both face-to-face and in writing.
- Attentive to details, particularly in the area of proofreading.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to effectively interact with a diverse range of people and personalities.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Offers are contingent on passing post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background checks.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.