Benefits Account Executive
The Miller Group is seeking an Account Executive to support the efforts of the companies’ Benefits team. The Account Executive will report to and work closely with the Chief Service Officer.
The Miller Group was founded in 1961 by Robert E. Miller, with a focus on the construction industry. While this industry expertise remains, we have expanded to include a strong position in a variety of industries. Led by Bob Miller’s sons, Sean and Matt, the company has grown to become one of the top brokerage firms in the Midwest. A commitment to employee well-being, family, faith and community make The Miller Group a great place to work.
The Miller Group’s full-service product offering includes commercial insurance; employee benefits; HR consulting; surety Bonds; safety & loss prevention and private risk management.
- Assess and develop long-term strategies to address client benefit goals, regulatory compliance, and financial objectives.
- Lead the renewal process and ensure tasks are completed according to service timelines.
- Work closely with the producer to manage client expectations and servicing needs.
- Understand ongoing client needs to suggest new products, services, or other lines of business that would be in the client’s best interest.
- Document client requests in the Client Management System (CRM) and ensure proper task assignment or action is taken to drive it to resolution.
- Maintain excellent carrier relationships to provide the most cost-effective solutions and client advocacy.
- Resolve client issues with a sense of urgency to avoid disruptions in client service and/or coverage.
- Develop and conduct client meetings and presentations (i.e., renewals, informational sessions, etc.).
- Ensure all clients are aware of local, state, and federal compliance regulations and quality control guidelines.
- Lead project teams that develop innovative products and review client needs.
- Maintain updated knowledge regarding legislative or industry changes that could impact the organization or its clients.
- Manage and coordinate Center of Excellence deliverables.
- Actively engage in creating a team environment that promotes respect, high morale, and teamwork.
- Provide coaching and feedback to team members to ensure top individual and team performance.
- Work cohesively with other team leaders to ensure consistency in communications, trainings, and workload allocations.
- Life and Health license is required.
- Intermediate to advanced skill in navigating the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an account management position with an agency, with demonstrated progression in career path and/or responsibility.
- Previous experience with client management systems preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of previous leadership experience, preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both face-to-face and in writing.
- Able to effectively de-escalate difficult client conversations and drive them to resolution.
- Proactively identifies client issues to avoid disruptions in client service and/or coverage.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills and the ability to resolve challenges effectively.
- Ability to identify process inefficiencies and strategies improvements.
- Demonstrates excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact well with diverse personalities.
- Able to operate independently with minimal supervisor intervention.
- Able to independently apply objective decision-making to maintain team productivity and client satisfaction.
- Comfortable delivering formal presentations in large group settings.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Offers are contingent on passing post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background checks.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet