The Miller Group is seeking an Accounting Specialist-Reporting and Training to support the efforts of the companies’ Accounting team. The Accounting Specialist will report to and work closely with the Chief Financial Officer.
The Miller Group was founded in 1961 by Robert E. Miller, with a focus on the construction industry. While this industry expertise remains, we have expanded to include a strong position in a variety of industries. Led by Bob Miller’s sons, Sean and Matt, the company has grown to become one of the top brokerage firms in the Midwest. A commitment to employee well-being, family, faith and community make The Miller Group a great place to work.
The Miller Group’s full-service product offering includes commercial insurance; employee benefits; HR consulting; surety Bonds; safety & loss prevention and private risk management.
- Extract data from various company systems in order to create, maintain and distribute key reports to all divisions.
- Convert detailed financial data into concise, easy to understand reporting formats for internal use.
- Utilize database tools to track and identify missing revenue
- Develop and execute training of internal service teams on agency EPIC system and accounting policy.
- Prepare various month-end schedules for management.
- Assist with budget development
- Assist CFO in month-end closing of books.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for agency Applied EPIC system
- Manages the relationship and works closely with back-office support team to ensure efficient accounting processes.
- Develop and document procedures in electronic format, as needed.
- Accountable for ensuring policies, procedures and internal controls are in place to provide reasonable assurance that company assets are protected.
- Coordinates internal audits to identify potential liabilities within the division and promote continuous improvements in accounting operations.
- Monitors functioning of division specific systems / technology to ensure they are operating as required and producing expected results.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel required; mastery preferred.
- Previous experience in working in Applied EPIC and databases, preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to work with numbers and analyze data for extended periods of time.
- Demonstrates knowledge of process improvement concepts and has experience in streamlining processes and procedures for maximum effectiveness.
- Demonstrates a strong interest and/or experience in technology and is able to utilize it to streamline processes.
- Able to independently problem-solve and apply objective decision-making to maintain productivity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including face to face interactions.
- Excellent organization skills and able to prioritize tasks.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Offers are contingent on passing post offer pre-employment drug screen and background checks.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME
Ready to join the team? Submit your application below or email email@example.com.