The Miller Group is seeking an Accounting Assistant to support the efforts of the companies’ Accounting team. The Accounting Assistant will report to and work closely with the Chief Operating Officer.
The Miller Group was founded in 1961 by Robert E. Miller, with a focus on the construction industry. While this industry expertise remains, we have expanded to include a strong position in a variety of industries. Led by Bob Miller’s sons, Sean and Matt, the company has grown to become one of the top brokerage firms in the Midwest. A commitment to employee well-being, family, faith and community make The Miller Group a great place to work.
The Miller Group’s full-service product offering includes commercial insurance; employee benefits; HR consulting; surety Bonds; safety & loss prevention and private risk management. The Miller Group is located conveniently near Lamar and College with plenty of parking and nearby lunch options.
- Reconcile and obtain proper approval of client-related accounts payable invoices.
- Code and enter of client-related accounts payable invoices.
- Prepare and analyze ad-hoc reports including client revenue and expense and producer commission
- Prepare and record client-related month end journal entries
- Monitor need for follow up on any outstanding vendor payables.
- Coordinate accounts receivable and direct bill follow-up process with third party firm.
- Prepare semi-annual client profit and loss statement
- General bookkeeping and financial report preparation for non-profit entity.
- Update procedures as needed
- Assist with annual budget for client-related expenses
- Back-up to Accounting Specialist for coding and entry of other vendor invoices, check requests and expense reports, and other ad hoc expenses
- Follow policies, procedures and internal controls that are in place to provide reasonable assurance that company assets are protected.
- Assist Accounting leadership team in conducting internal audits to identify potential liabilities within the division and promote continuous improvements in accounting operations.
- Monitors functioning of division specific systems / technology to ensure they are operating as required and producing expected results.
- Associate degree in Accounting, a closely related field or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Previous experience in a bookkeeping or accounting support position is helpful.
- Able to problem solve and work independently with minimal supervisor intervention.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both face-to-face and in writing.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Offers are contingent on passing post offer pre-employment drug screen and background checks.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet