The Miller Group is seeking an Account Manager to support the efforts of the companies’ Benefits team. The Account Manager will report to and work closely with an Account Executive.
The Miller Group was founded in 1961 by Robert E. Miller, with a focus on the construction industry. While this industry expertise remains, we have expanded to include a strong position in a variety of industries. Led by Bob Miller’s sons, Sean and Matt, the company has grown to become one of the top brokerage firms in the Midwest. A commitment to employee well-being, family, faith and community make The Miller Group a great place to work.
The Miller Group’s full-service product offering includes commercial insurance; employee benefits; HR consulting; surety Bonds; safety & loss prevention and private risk management.
- Work closely with the producer to manage client expectations, servicing needs, lead the renewal process and ensure tasks are completed according to service timelines for assigned book.
- Develop core competencies of Client Management by working with assigned Account Executive mentor.
- Ensure essential tasks are completed for Account Executives at appropriate times in the service cycle.
- Facilitate the completion of all aspects of the renewal process in accordance with the identified timelines, and as directed by the Account Executive.
- Maintain excellent carrier relationships to provide client advocacy at appropriate times.
- Document client requests in the Client Relationship Management System (CRM) and complete action items with a sense of urgency to ensure all tasks are completed to drive to resolution with Account Executive input as necessary.
- Resolve client issues with a sense of urgency to avoid disruptions in client service and/or coverage.
- Conduct client meetings and presentations, either independently or as a partner to the Account Executive (i.e. renewals, informational sessions, etc).
- Assist producer in developing responses to RFPs and presenting strong finalist presentations.
- Develop communication materials for clients to outline renewal changes, enrollment procedures, and plan clarifications.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Compliance to ensure clients are aware of local, state and federal compliance regulations and quality control guidelines.
- Inform Producer/Account Executive of situations that could impact account retention and/or client satisfaction.
- Maintain updated knowledge regarding legislative or industry changes that could impact the organization or its clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in a closely related field or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Life and Health license is preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced skill in navigating the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Minimum of 2 years of account management experience in a broker or carrier position.
- Previous experience with client management systems, preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both face-to-face and in writing.
- Able to effectively de-escalate difficult client conversations and drive them to resolution.
- Proactively identifies client issues to avoid disruptions in client service and/or coverage.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills and the ability to resolve challenges effectively.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact well with diverse personalities.
- Able to operate independently with minimal supervisor intervention.
- Able to independently apply objective decision-making.
- Comfortable delivering formal presentations in large group settings.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment with a detail-focused approach.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Offers are contingent on passing post offer pre-employment drug screen and background checks.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME
Ready to join the team? Submit your application below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.