The Miller Group is seeking an Account Manager Small Business Division to support the efforts of the companies’ P&C team. The Account Manager will work closely with an Account Executive.
The Miller Group was founded in 1961 by Robert E. Miller, with a focus on the construction industry. While this industry expertise remains, we have expanded to include a strong position in a variety of industries. Led by Bob Miller’s sons, Sean and Matt, the company has grown to become one of the top brokerage firms in the Midwest. A commitment to employee well-being, family, faith and community make The Miller Group a great place to work.
The Miller Group’s full-service product offering includes commercial insurance; employee benefits; HR consulting; surety Bonds; safety & loss prevention and private risk management.
- Assist in marketing/placing select business within the organization.
- Resolve client issues with a sense of urgency to avoid disruptions in client service and/or coverage.
- Process client change requests and ensure endorsement is accurate upon receipt from the carrier.
- Stay updated on client needs in order to suggest new products, services or other lines of business that would be in the client’s best interest (cross selling).
- Follow all aspects of the renewal and service processes in accordance with the identified timelines.
- Follow all quality control measures to avoid potential errors and omissions
- Check policies for accuracy and quality control and prepare them for delivery to client.
- Prepare Loss Summaries when needed to market accounts.
- Knowledge of how to obtain online quotes for clients.
- Prepare and deliver invoices to clients each month.
- Perform renewal marketing of assigned select sized accounts.
- Inform Producers of situations that could impact account retention and/or client satisfaction.
- Process audits and monied endorsements for clients and note changes in the Agency Management System.
- Bachelor’s degree in a closely related field or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Property & Casualty license required within 30 days of employment.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in navigating the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and Word.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the insurance industry with demonstrated progression in career path and/or responsibility.
- Previous experience in using Applied /Epic system, preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both face-to-face and in writing.
- Proactively identifies client issues to avoid disruptions in client service and/or coverage.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills and the ability to resolve challenges effectively.
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact well with diverse personalities.
- Able to operate independently with minimal supervisor intervention.
- Demonstrates a strong interest and/or experience in technology.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Offers are contingent on passing post offer pre-employment drug screen and background checks.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet