The Miller Group is seeking an Account Executive to support the efforts of the companies’ Surety Team. The Account Executive will report to the Chief Service Officer and work closely with the Surety Department.
The Miller Group was founded in 1961 by Robert E. Miller, with a focus on the construction industry. While this industry expertise remains, we have expanded to include a strong position in a variety of industries. Led by Bob Miller’s sons, Sean and Matt, the company has grown to become one of the top brokerage firms in the Midwest. A commitment to employee well-being, family, faith and community makes The Miller Group a great place to work.
The Miller Group’s full-service product offering includes commercial insurance; employee benefits; HR consulting; surety Bonds; safety & loss prevention and private risk management.
Client Sales, Service & Retention
- Placing bonds for clients.
- Assisting Producers to win new business.
- Establishing surety credit, including backups on large clients
- Stay updated on client needs to suggest new products, services or other lines of business that would benefit clients.
- Maintain excellent carrier relationships to provide the most cost-effective solutions and client advocacy.
- Lead Client Partnership meetings by identifying key content to be reviewed and facilitating core discussions.
- Lead the annual review process and ensure tasks are completed according to service timelines, including the coordination of pre-renewal meetings to communicate expectations and review contract language and/or changes for clients.
- Evaluate and recommend surety needs for clients and prospects.
- Resolve client issues with a sense of urgency to avoid disruptions in client service.
- Follow all quality control measures to avoid potential error and omissions.
- Review contracts for surety requirements.
- Conducting client meetings and presentations (i.e., financial statement reviews, informational sessions, etc.).
- Serve as a subject matter expert on legislative or regulatory changes and industry trends.
- Consistently deliver competitive advantages in the most cost-effective, impactful manner.
- Work closely with the CSO on the budget process to help with reports on expenses, and potential ideas for ways to profitably grow the department.
- Actively engage in creating a team environment that promotes respect, high morale, and teamwork.
- Provide coaching and feedback to team members to ensure an engaged working environment, open communication, and the professional growth of team members.
- Proactively monitor team workload to ensure team members are operating at maximum potential.
- Property and Casualty license is required.
- Excellent communication skills, both face-to-face and in writing.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in navigating the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with demonstrated progression in career path and/or responsibility.
- Demonstrates strong leadership that promotes an engaged, high-energy team environment.
- Proactively identifies and resolves client issues to avoid disruptions in client service and/or coverage.
- Demonstrates a strong interest and/or experience in technology and is able to utilize it to streamline processes.
- Demonstrates strong decision-making capabilities and show knowledge of process improvement concepts and operation streamlining for maximum effectiveness.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Offers are contingent on passing post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background checks.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.