The Miller Group is seeking an Account Executive to support the efforts of the companies’ Commercial team. The Account Executive will report to and work closely with the Chief Service Officer.
The Miller Group was founded in 1961 by Robert E. Miller, with a focus on the construction industry. While this industry expertise remains, we have expanded to include a strong position in a variety of industries. Led by Bob Miller’s sons, Sean and Matt, the company has grown to become one of the top brokerage firms in the Midwest. A commitment to employee well-being, family, faith and community make The Miller Group a great place to work.
The Miller Group’s full-service product offering includes commercial insurance; employee benefits; HR consulting; surety bonds; safety & loss prevention and private risk management.
- Maintain excellent carrier relationships to provide the most cost-effective solutions and client advocacy.
- Perform risk audits and make recommendations for adjustments to clients.
- Lead Client Partnership meetings by identifying key content to be reviewed and facilitating core discussions.
- Market new and renewal business
- Lead the renewal process and ensure tasks are completed according to service timelines, including the coordination of pre-renewal meetings to communicate expectations and review contract language and/or changes for clients
- Conduct client meetings and presentations (i.e. renewals, informational sessions, etc.)
- Evaluate and recommend coverage needs for clients and prospects
- Resolve client issues with a sense of urgency to avoid disruptions in client service and/or coverage.
- Follow all quality control measures to avoid potential error and omissions.
- Review contracts for insurance requirements.
- Assist producer in presentation of proposals and RFPs
- Stay updated on client needs in order to suggest new products, services or other lines of business that would be in the client’s best interest (cross selling).
- Actively engage in creating a team environment that promotes respect, high morale, and teamwork.
- Provide coaching and feedback to team members to ensure top individual and team performance and professional growth.
- Proactively monitor team workload to ensure team members are operating at maximum potential.
- Work closely with HR team to attract, train, and retain the talent needed to build a team that is able to consistently deliver competitive advantages.
- Property & Casualty license required.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in navigating the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and Word.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an Account Manager or higher position with demonstrated progression in career path and/or responsibility.
- Previous experience in using Applied / Epic system, preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both face-to-face and in writing.
- Proactively identifies client issues to avoid disruptions in client service and/or coverage.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills and the ability to resolve challenges effectively.
- Demonstrates excellent team building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact well with diverse personalities.
- Able to operate independently with minimal supervisor intervention.
- Demonstrates a strong interest and/or experience in technology.
- Able to independently apply objective decision-making to maintain team productivity and client satisfaction.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Offers are contingent on passing post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background checks.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME
Ready to join the team? Submit your application below or email email@example.com.